A review has recently been published in Drug Discovery Today, for which I have the honour of being one of the co-authors. The primary instigators are Antony Williams and Sean Ekins. The review is a 12 page tour through some of the highlights of mobile chemistry software. The subject is evolving very rapidly, though – in the months since the manuscript was originally submitted, there have been a number of new developments, e.g. MolSync, ChemSpider Mobile, Reagents… it’s almost time for another review!
A blog about chemical information software for next generation computing environments.
- Mobile sketcher overhaul in progress
- Second impressions of Swift: making Objective-C look good
- The Beer Lab Notebook
- Impressions of Apple’s Swift, after a bit of practice
- ChemSpider Mobile 2.0 is out!
- Sharing experiments: using ChemSpider Synthetic Pages examples and a trip down memory lane
- Solvent selection in Green Lab Notebook app
- Rendering of multistep experiments for export: Microsoft Word
- Green Lab Notebook app now available on iTunes
- Publishing with PeerJ: first paper and first impressions
- Mobile sketcher overhaul in progress wp.me/p1vqEC-oC 2 days ago
- RT @ChemConnector: @aclarkxyz @collabchem My top slideshare slide decks are about Mobile Apps for chemistry slideshare.net/AntonyWilliams… http://t… 3 days ago
- @jl_hfl Yes: optimised is only 50x slower instead of 150x. I will look into it regularly; will switch when it's ready, but not before. 3 days ago
- Upgrading Mac OS X is like unwrapping a Christmas present; upgrading Linux is like cleaning a public toilet... without a brush. 4 days ago
- @chillok @DamianOS3 I hope so too: was pretty optimistic at first. 4 days ago